Get a Curtain Quote
Fill the form in below to obtain a bespoke made to measure quote.
- All curtains will be made with standard lining to suit unless stated otherwise.
- Alternative linings are available, curtains are also available unlined, however we do recommend you line all curtains for a more desired finished.
- Single curtains are available, if they contain a half width you will be charged the next full width price.
- All curtains wider than 127cm will require a join in the fabric.
- Curtains are pattern matched from the bottom. If multiple curtains need pattern matching then please state this on the order and it is subject to a 10% surcharge, otherwise we cannot guarantee all items will pattern match.
- When the curtains are drawn and meet in the centre of the window, side hems prevent an exact match on the leading edge.
- Curtains are supplied unpressed, creases will normally fall out when the curtains are hung. Please avoid excessive heat or pressure as this could stretch or shrink the fabric.
- We recommend that all lined products are dry cleaned.
- Atmospheric shrinkage up to 5% occurs with all fabrics. It is dependent on changes in temperature and humidity, this is not a fault with the fabric.
- Lined fabrics should not be washed as the curtain fabric and the lining may experience different levels of shrinkage causing the linin to hang below the curtain fabric.
- We recommend that all curtains are lined to reduce the effects from direct sunlight. All fabrics will eventually fade and degrade over time.
- We believe an acceptable tolerance limit of +/- 2cm on curtain make up. You will not be entitled to reject goods if they fall into the above accepted tolerance.
- All returns must be made prior agreement.
Made to measure items will take longer as we require the time to allow for the making time. Our normal lead time is 3 weeks but at busy periods such as Christmas, this can increase to 3-5 weeks. Once your order has been completed, we will notify you. If you are having your curtains delivered, we will email you with the relevant tracking details. Delivery will take 1-2 working days and a signature will be required upon delivery. Whereas if you are collecting your curtains, we will call you to say they are ready to collect.
Yes. We do have a shop which is accessible to the public. We stock more than 100,000 metres of fabric and we also have over 1,000 fabric and wallpaper books and hangers. We are open Monday – Saturday 10am – 4pm (temporary hours due to COVID19). We are CLOSED on Sundays & Bank Holidays. We are based in Nottingham. Our complete address is Designer Fabric Store, 52 Main Street, Kimberley, Nottingham, NG16 2LY.
If you're local to our Nottingham based shop, then please feel free to visit us and obtain a curtain quote from our expert made to measure team. We also offer an interior consultancy service to our local customers where we can visit your home - please either visit us and speak to our made to measure team or alternatively you can contact us via email or phone.
We can take payment either via BACs or over the phone. We ask for a 50% deposit so your made to measure goods can be made. Once they have be completed and are ready to be sent or collected, we will then ask for the outstanding 50% to be paid.
All made to measure curtains will have enclosed a comprehensive step by step guide on how to hang your curtains.
Yes, you are able to use your own fabric for our made to measure curtains or blinds service. Please contact us for further information.
Explore our stunning range of designer curtain and upholstery fabrics here.
From sophisticated plains to fabulous floral designs, we have an extensive collection of fabrics in a host of designs and colours.
Samples are available to purchase, so you can get a feel for the fabric and see the colour or pattern from a first-hand perspective!