Get a Curtain Quote
Please fill in the form below to obtain a bespoke made to measure curtain quote.
- All curtains will be made with standard lining to suit unless stated otherwise.
- Alternative linings are available, curtains are also available unlined, however we do recommend you line all curtains for a more desired finished.
- Single curtains are available, if they contain a half width you will be charged the next full width price.
- All curtains wider than 127cm will require a join in the fabric.
- Curtains are pattern matched from the bottom. If multiple curtains need pattern matching then please state this on the order and it is subject to a 10% surcharge, otherwise we cannot guarantee all items will pattern match.
- When the curtains are drawn and meet in the centre of the window, side hems prevent an exact match on the leading edge.
- Curtains are supplied unpressed, creases will normally fall out when the curtains are hung. Please avoid excessive heat or pressure as this could stretch or shrink the fabric.
- We recommend that all lined products are dry cleaned.
- Atmospheric shrinkage up to 5% occurs with all fabrics. It is dependent on changes in temperature and humidity, this is not a fault with the fabric.
- Lined fabrics should not be washed as the curtain fabric and the lining may experience different levels of shrinkage causing the linin to hang below the curtain fabric.
- We recommend that all curtains are lined to reduce the effects from direct sunlight. All fabrics will eventually fade and degrade over time.
- We believe an acceptable tolerance limit of +/- 2cm on curtain make up. You will not be entitled to reject goods if they fall into the above accepted tolerance.
- All returns must be made prior agreement.
Due to the bespoke nature of our made to measure products, we are unable to issue refunds or returns on items that have been cut for you, all made to measure products have been hand made to order.
We cannot accept returns or issue refunds if the incorrect measurements have been supplied to us.
Please thoroughly inspect your goods when you receive them. If your order arrives damaged or faulty, please contact us within few days of delivery.
Made to measure items will take longer as we require the time to allow for the making time. Our normal lead time is 2-3 weeks but at busy periods such as Christmas, this can increase to 3-5 weeks. Once your order has been completed, we will notify you. If you are having your curtains delivered, we will email you with the relevant tracking details. Delivery will take 1-2 working days and a signature will be required upon delivery. Whereas if you are collecting your curtains, we will call you to say they are ready to collect.
Yes. We do have a shop which is accessible to the public. We stock more than 100,000 metres of fabric and we also have over 1,000 fabric and wallpaper books and hangers. We are open Monday to Saturday 09:30 – 16:00. We are CLOSED on Sundays & Bank Holidays. We are based in Nottingham. Our complete address is Designer Fabric Store, 52 Main Street, Kimberley, Nottingham, NG16 2LY.
If you're local to our Nottingham based shop, then please feel free to visit us and obtain a curtain quote from our expert made to measure team. We also offer an interior consultancy service to our local customers where we can visit your home - please either visit us and speak to our made to measure team or alternatively you can contact us via email or phone.
We have a variety of curtain headings available for made to measure curtains including Eyelet, 3" Pencil Pleat, 6" Pencil Pleat, Double Pleat, Triple Pleat, and Wave.
A modern and fashionable design, Eyelet curtains have a row of contemporary holes at the top that uses poles for mounting
A traditional look and feel, pencil pleat curtains have rows of strings threaded through the heading that resemble pencils standing in a line.
An elegant & sophisticated design, Pinch Pleat curtains have sewn-in pleats into the header with folds from top to bottom.
Featuring their very own discreet track, Wave Curtains have regular folds maintaining a neat and consistent ripple design.
For further information on our heading styles, click here to and scroll down to 'browse curtain heading styles' see which one suits you.
We have a wide range of curtain linings available for made to measure re curtains including polycotton, blackout, thermal and interlined. We strongly recommend linings for made to measure curtain orders.
Polycotton (Standard Option)
Polycotton lining combines the softness and handle of cotton with the inherent easy-care, crease-resistant and durability of polyester.
Blackout lining blocks light and enhances insulation, offering unsurpassed light control and insulation, including noise suppression.
Thermal Lining is designed to reduce the amount of light coming into a room and provide a level of insulation against heat and noise.
Interlining is perfect for adding body without weight. It resists shrinkage, distortion or stretching and is an economical choice that boasts stability.
If you are willing to go ahead with a made to measure order with ourselves - we will send you an invoice so payment can be made via BACs or we will take payment over the phone. We ask for full payment so your made to measure goods can be made. Once they have been completed and are ready to be sent or collected, we will notify you.
All made to measure curtains will have enclosed a comprehensive step by step guide on how to hang your curtains.
Please get in contact with us, with regards to using your own fabric for our made to measure curtains service.
If you are looking for inspiration, why not take advantage of our home consultancy service.
From sophisticated plains to fabulous floral designs, we have a massive range of fabrics.
Our Curtain Types
Browse through our range of heading styles to create your pair of bespoke curtains.
For any queries or advice, speak to one of our curtain consultants on how they can help you.